If you are arrested on a felony or misdemeanor non-violent drug, Jail Diversion is an alternative sentencing program for non-violent drug and alcohol offenders. Jail diversion combines the following principles: http://templebethelmb.org/map
- offer valid drug reduction for offenders
- provide education on resisting drug and alcohol abuse
- prevent reoccurrence with residential treatment
- only non-violent drug and alcohol offenders are eligible
just click for source Benefits of Jail Diversion
Jail Diversion is the preferred approach for non-violent offenders because it enables them the chance to: go here
- keep their job
- continue to earn a living
- support their family
- contribute and be a productive member of society
- avoid unnecessary prison or jail time
- expunge their record if they complete their treatment
- reclaim their life
Though not a new concept, jail diversion is gaining popularity as an alternative sentencing option because: article source
- jail diversion has proven to be more effective in providing rehabilitation
- there is reduced recidivism among jail diversion participants
- jail diversion ensures vital treatment for drug and alcohol abuse for addicted individuals
- it potential to provide critical relief to over-crowding in jails
- offers budgetary savings when compared to housing non-violent offenders
Who Qualifies for Jail Diversion?
http://hamilton-griffin.com/map It is important to note that not all defendants are candidates for jail diversion. Jail diversion programs are reserved for the following:
- Non- violent drug or alcohol related offenses that did not involve the use of a firearm.
- Offenders who are involved in drug crimes and not facing counts of other non related drug crimes in the same case.
- Possession of marijuana or hash.
- Possession of marijuana while driving a motor vehicle.
- Cultivating marijuana for personal use.
- Possession of prescription drugs.
- Possession of cocaine, crack cocaine, or other controlled substances.
- Using a forged prescription for a narcotic drug for personal use.
- Soliciting someone to get illegal drugs for your personal use.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia.
- DUI and other alcohol related offenses.
Jail Diversion in Other Cases http://carbopol.linuxpl.info/?map
In cases where an offender does not qualify for jail diversion, a lawyer will fight to make alternative sentencing an option over jail or prison time. A judge may or may not grant the request depending on the facts of the case and the offender’s current life circumstances article source.
Is Jail Diversion an option?
Jail Diversion is not for every case. Call us for a free consultation at our direct line now! 714-654-2325 or complete the form for more information http://marsolhotels.com/map.
If you or someone you care about is suffering from drug addiction or alcoholism, Pacific City Recovery is the right place. We offer affordable drug addiction treatment. It is possible to recover!