http://cometoorderva.com/map Intervention is a crucial step in the addict’s or alcoholic’s treatment and recovery. Whether it involves a family, elderly, adolescent or corporate intervention, the process needs careful planning to ensure that it is carried out properly and effectively.
- article source Initial Phone Consultation. Several factors need to be considered in doing the intervention including the present condition of the addict, his life events, and the persons who have an influence over him such as his spouse, children, parents or friend. During the initial phone consultation, we gather as much information about the client as needed. Our qualified consultants will then assess his current situation and discuss the various treatment options available to him.
- The Preparation Stage – This is the most important step in the intervention process. Our Executive Treatment Director, Michael, meets with the identified and selected intervention participants such as the addict’s family members, friends and co-workers who will play an important part in the intervention. The group will be involved in the discussion of the client’s condition, the treatment program and facility that is best for the client and the role each one will play in convincing the client to agree to rehab admission. At this stage, the date, time and location for the intervention meeting is set and agreed.
- Final Preparation – On the day of the intervention, at least a few hours before the set meeting with the client, the intervention participants meet for any last questions, comments, concerns and instructions. A special location is usually picked close to where the client is living or working.
- The Actual Intervention – Denial, unwillingness to seek help and hopelessness are most common among addicts and alcoholics. That is why the help and guidance of a professional interventionist is important. During the actual intervention, the interventionist leads the intervention group in communicating to the addict or alcoholic how his addiction has affected his life as well as the lives of his family and friends. The goal is to convey to the client the need to take action now and get himself into the treatment facility immediately.
- Accompany Client To Treatment Program – Upon completion of the intervention, our professional interventionists will then personally accompany the client to the treatment program and make sure that the client has a smooth transition into his or her treatment facility.
- Debriefing – After the intervention, the participants meet again to discuss the intervention, assess the process and re-affirm that the right decision has been made to help the addict or alcoholic to seek the help he needs.